The Writer's Port
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday, March 27, 09. Dear Diary and Those Listening In

2 posters

Go down

Friday, March 27, 09.  Dear Diary and Those Listening In Empty Friday, March 27, 09. Dear Diary and Those Listening In

Post  williamwriter Fri Mar 27 2009, 12:31

Life is fill to the brim! So many choices, so much to do! sunny

When I survey a number of tasks, I find that if I make a laundry list and prioritize, I don't feel as much in a frenzy!

So, here's my list!

Spend some time with my friends at the Port.

Take a quick check of all the on-line news to see if the world is still here.

Get my Youth Department organized and working.

Get the Church Sound System organized so I can get tapes to those who missed services and catelogue tapes for future growth.

Record all my old cassette audio music tapes onto CDs.

Write a poem about "Life Filled to the Brim". A fun poem showing all the options God gives us.

Get rid of the clutter in our house! Organize the house.

I am caught up on washing the clothes, but I think I will wash our bed sheets.

Fill the dish washer. Hand wash the items that don't fit or do well in the dish washer.

Bake an Apple Cobbler using my Fannie Farmer Baking Book. My daughter, Becky and Son-in-Law Dan are truck drivers and they gave us a half case of apples from Washington State. The apples will spoil if I don't do something with them and we can't eat them fast enough.

DO THE INCOME TAX!

Write a poem on building a Gabled Roof. Write a poem on making an Apple Cobbler.

Catch up on writing thank yous for 66 reviews of "Let's Watch the Sunset".

Write more on my novel "Saving the Republic".

Continue my rewrite of "Where Jackals Hide".

Record as many of my family's personal DVRs to DVDs as possible.

Run about 200 feet of pvc pipe to my Mum-in-Law's garden in the back field.

Finish building the built in book case in the guest bed room.

Go Bowling! flower I bowled 10 games Tuesday afternoon. I had one 4 bagger, several turkeys, and my highest game was 200! I won't tell the scores of my lowests games!

Go Fishing! I think this will wait a week or two. I know a nice quiet place, but I have a lot on my plate right now.

Oh, I have to finish installing the speakers in my son's truck doors!

Get all the papers filed properly at home. Ya know, Bills and records and stuff! I need to update my personal folder so that if I cross the River earlier than expected, if I end up in a hospital and my last breath is near, and I look into the eyes of Jesus as I prepare to meet Him face to face; that Linda will have all the documents she needs at hand to be able to make all the connections so that she is able to instantly continue with maximum financial and functional support.

I need to stop planning and listing, and go to that which is at hand! Get sheets in washer, get dishes taken care of, get DVDs recording and finish that task, Check out Writing.com, and DO THE INCOME TAXES!

And a lot of those tasks above are made up of little tasks...

Oh, and I need to go to the church later today and get last Sunday's tape onto DVD. I was in Georgia last Sunday.

Maybe tonight I will day dream here and also speak of what is going on in my thoughts and in my world. flower

See ya!
-William
williamwriter
williamwriter
Admin

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Back to top Go down

Friday, March 27, 09.  Dear Diary and Those Listening In Empty All in how you take it

Post  Dan Ellsworth Sat Mar 28 2009, 01:48

If you look at what you aren't doing, you could be overwhelmed.
If you look at what you are doing, you might be more balanced.
Some things can be both opportunities and pressures.
I felt a little breathless on reading your list,
but,
I know if I did such a hopes list,
it would be impressive in its own way.
Sometimes, maybe the best prayer is, "Lord, what's next?"
Even if listening takes some time.
I'm reminding myself.

Dan Ellsworth
Admin

Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Friday, March 27, 09.  Dear Diary and Those Listening In Empty Re: Friday, March 27, 09. Dear Diary and Those Listening In

Post  williamwriter Sun Mar 29 2009, 23:52

Hi, Dan

Thanks for those positive words of coping!

Actually, in the end, all these things are like food at a cafeteria. Ya can't eat everything at one sitting.

I make lists, but in the end, I will accomplish some things and others will wait.

Of that impressive list, I managed to do a lot with the church sound system and I have enlisted a person who approached me volunteering to help me with the Youth Program.

I washed both clothes and dishes. I will definitely do the income tax this week. We had a good rain last night, so the garden will do good for some days.

So, I will do one thing at a time. And guess what. If I don't get everything done this next week, then I will do some the following week. It's not quite like having some Navy Inspection with a deadline and a lot of pressure!

Catch ya later!~
By the way, I have a lot of retirement time ahead. If you ever want to come to Florida and fish with me on the Oklawaha River, I know just the place to go! Cool Byow! That is, Bring your own worms! But actually, we can get bait down at one of the bait shops. Smile

-William
williamwriter
williamwriter
Admin

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Friday, March 27, 09.  Dear Diary and Those Listening In Empty Re: Friday, March 27, 09. Dear Diary and Those Listening In

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down